YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
Back in October 2015, Congé launched a new event venue to revitalize a "neglected" site. It soon became clear that the focus should not only be on work but that increasing physical and mental health is equally important. This is how the collaboration with the team behind The Box, who offer innovative leisure facilities, came about.
Through the Stadslab2050, supported by the City of Antwerp, the idea arose in 2017 to link Congé's hospitality know-how to a new circular center full of sustainable businesses located in a brand new part of the city. As part of the project team, Congé coordinated numerous actions for this purpose such as:
• A C2C Expolab where innovative opportunities were highlighted across four themes: water, energy, materials and daily processes/products.
• Organizing community activities that successfully involved the entire residential neighborhood and challenged them to develop a model of sustainability through experience, interaction and models of leasing, sharing, redesign, etc.
• Testing vertical and horizontal solar panels together with VITO so that maximum solar energy could be used at all times of the day.
• Placing of a container together with Water-link in which the water from the kitchen and hand-washers of the sanitary facilities was collected and purified into reusable water through an innovative treatment process.
• Partnering with PLNT to install two containers for growing vegetables and herbs using pesticide-avoiding LED technology.